Networker

Re: [Networker] jbconfig in 7.4 selects wrong SCSI bus for robot?

2007-12-07 06:26:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] jbconfig in 7.4 selects wrong SCSI bus for robot?
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 11:22:12 +0000
Tim Mooney wrote:
All-

Has anyone ever seen inquire and/or jbconfig report that a robot is on
a different SCSI b/t/l combo than the OS reports?

We recently upgraded one of our two NetWorker servers to NetWorker 7.4, as
well as switching the OS from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 (2.4 kernel) to
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (2.6 kernel).

The library (a partitioned L700) and drives are connected over fibre via
a QLA2342 dual-port FC HBA.  The 2.6 kernel probes the busses in a
different order than the 2.4 kernel did, so the QLA2342 HBA now appears
as SCSI bus 2 & 3, whereas before it appeared as 0 & 1.  That meant a
re-run of jbconfig.

Why did this need a re-run of jbconfig? Wouldn't it have been easier just to change the control path field in the jukebox config rather than going through all the rigmarole of a jbconfig and full inventory?