Networker

[Networker] Linux to Solaris migration (7.3.3)

2007-12-06 23:57:49
Subject: [Networker] Linux to Solaris migration (7.3.3)
From: Alan Rubin <Alan.Rubin AT NT.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 14:19:32 +0930
Networker gurus,

I imagine a few of you have already walked down this path before me (I can see
the tread marks): moving your Networker server from Linux to Solaris (or vice
versa).  We've migrated the guts of the backup environment successfully, but  we
are falling down over the NMC relocation.  We'd like to be able to preserve our
history and user configuration for reporting and administration, but recoverpsm
chokes with this error:

recoverpsm: Restoring database lgto_gst
12/07/07 07:39:58 recoverpsm: FAILED 08004 -97 [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive
Server Anywhere]Database page size too big

As I'm sure everyone knows, no matter how many times or for whatever legitimate
reasons people do this, EMC does not support shifting from one platform to the
other, so support isn't able to give us much help with this issue.  Does anyone
have any ideas on how this could be done?  We think there could be an endian
issue causing this in the shift between filesystems and architectures (ext3 to
ufs; x86_64 to Sparc).  We thought maybe we could load Sybase up and dump the
database on one end to files and then load the files in to the database on the
other end, but we need a username and password to do this.  Does anyone have any
of those?  I don't think it would be a site specific one.  Any other useful
suggestions would be welcome as well.

Regards,

Alan Rubin
Technician Unix