Networker

Re: [Networker] Exchange Backup

2007-12-05 14:34:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Exchange Backup
From: Jeremie Lebec <Jeremie.Lebec AT DEVOTEAM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:15:30 +0100
Hi,

I see command 'savefs in your error log here,

Do you specify the backup command nsrxchsv in the client ressource,
That could help.

Regards.
Jeremie

Elvis Ademba <kingelvo AT GMAIL DOT COM>
Envoyé par : EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
05/12/2007 14:05
Veuillez répondre à
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Veuillez
répondre à
Elvis Ademba <kingelvo AT GMAIL DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Objet
Re: [Networker] Exchange Backup

Here are the errors i am getting.

*12/05/07 15:02:06 savegrp: command 'savefs -s BackupServer -c
Server_exchange -g Daily_backup -p -l full -R -v -F MSEXCH: ' for client
Server_exchange exited with return code 1.*
**
*12/05/07 15:02:06 savegrp: job (193425) host: Server_exchange savepoint:
Server_exchange:Probe had SEVERE indication(s) at completion.*
*
12/05/07 15:02:06 savegrp: Server_exchange:probe abandoned.

It is a stand alone server. runing win2003

Regards
Elvis*

On Dec 5, 2007 1:45 PM, Frank Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT uvm DOT edu> wrote:

> I assume you have pulled down the NW Module for Exchange admin guide and
> selected the correct MSEXCH: savesets in your client definition?
>
> If not, that should be your first shot at this.
>
> Otherwise, please give us a little more information -- we need to know
> what savesets you are attempting to backup and what the error messages
> are to even have a shot at helping you.
>
> Frank
>
> Today at 9:19am, Elvis Ademba wrote:
>
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I would like to backup an Windows 2003 Exchange server.
> > I have added it as aclient and instaled the Networker module for
> exchange.
> > However the backup still doesnt go through.
> > am i missing any steps.
> >
> > Please advise or direct me the step by step process of installing EMC
> Legato
> > Networker for exchange server 2003.
> >
> > I am Running Networker 7.3.2
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
> this
> list. You can access the archives at
> > via RSS at http://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?RSS&L=NETWORKER
> >

> --
> Frank Swasey                    | http://www.uvm.edu/~fcs
> Sr Systems Administrator        | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
> University of Vermont           |    just like everyone else.
>   "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

type