Networker

Re: [Networker] Backing up a client to a storage node and its indexes

2007-12-05 10:48:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backing up a client to a storage node and its indexes
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 10:43:57 -0500
On Dec 5, 2007, at 8:51 AM, Fazil Saiyed wrote:

There is yet an another method that if you so chose to do could direct the index backups, if you were to select no index backup on the group ( doing it per client is more work) and then use savegrp -O with other pertinent switches & with appropriate pools & devices association, you can re- direct
the indexes.
I like the idea of backing up the indexes to one pool at once compared to automatic bootstrap\index handling of networker if you wanted all indexes to one pool, however, i am not a fan of trying to re-direct index for each
and every client, unless you have some special requirements ?
HTH

Thanks. This is exactly what I am looking for. I already do a daily savegroup -o. The client in question is the only one in its savegroup, but I completely forgot about that option. What we want to do is make sure this group runs daily even if the NetWorker server's tape library is unable to handle a tape mount to save the index data at the end of the previous daily run of the group. This should do it.