Networker

[Networker] How do I backup the NW Media Database and create Save Sets?

2007-12-05 05:34:32
Subject: [Networker] How do I backup the NW Media Database and create Save Sets?
From: angelohl <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 20:45:26 -0800
I've helped many others but this time I need help as I've just had this bear
thrown into my lap to make it work - Admin guide is vague and not detailed; I
have newly configured NW Server 7.4/Storage node/client installed on Win2k3
which has a tape library attached to it, I have a few clients (Winblows and
linux) who I can see and backup from/restore to...but, it's only for a day... I
mean, I can back up something one day and a day or two later, I can't recover
what I backed-up when I use the NW User program it only shows me things I've
backed-up that day... I looked at the logs and saw a message that stated the NW
Media Database hadn't been backed-up yet...Hmm, what does that mean? Also, how
can I do Save Sets?