Networker

[Networker] Freeing up unused oracle licenses

2007-12-04 10:31:14
Subject: [Networker] Freeing up unused oracle licenses
From: Paul Robertson <probertson AT UNIXWAY DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 10:16:11 -0500
Folks,

We recently migrated oracle from some old hardware to new hardware. The old servers are still in use; it's just that we don't use them as oracle servers anymore. However, these older nodes are still are listed in "nsrlic -v" as connected clients in the "NetWorker Module for Oracle, Unix Client/1" section:

NetWorker Module for Oracle, Unix Client/1
                     Available: 6
                          Used: 6
                     Remaining: 0
             Connected Clients: dcpnyc01, dcpnyc03, peanut,
                                prvnyc011, prvnyc021, racnyc01,
                                racnyc02, racnyc03;

In the above example, dcpnyc01 and prvnyc011 are no longer oracle servers, and we want those licenses back. How can I delete those obsolete oracle licenses so that I can use those licenses on our current oracle servers?

Cheers,

Paul

--
Paul Robertson