Networker

[Networker] Some opinions of NSR MS SQL module

2007-12-03 14:22:39
Subject: [Networker] Some opinions of NSR MS SQL module
From: "Buerger, Andreas" <andreas.buerger AT WINCOR-NIXDORF DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 20:11:48 +0100
Hi,

I'm just in the middle of choosing a backup concept regarding MS SQL.
Up to now there only a few MS SQL DB's in our environment, but some
projects are starting, so that some further backup functionality is
necessary.
I want to ask what experiences regarding flexibility and restore
functions have you made with the NSR SQL module.
We have many netapp's and so I had a look into the SnapManger for MS SQL
from NetAp, too.
Perhaps anybody with a similar environment was in front of the decision
of picking a product for SQL Backup.
I'm also looking at other products but these are my favourites at the
moment.

Has anyone an advise regarding this or other software?

Some additonal requirements to a complete database backup are single
object restore and log backup.

Furthermore regarding this SQL topic.
Is anyone backing up sharepoint with third party products or other
stuff?

Any experiences or opinions would be great!

Best regards
Andreas