Networker

Re: [Networker] Max Sessions ignored, Target Sessions seems to be hard limit

2007-11-20 16:43:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] Max Sessions ignored, Target Sessions seems to be hard limit
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 08:32:00 +1100
Have a look at your pool configuration - you should use unique pools for
aftd - eg not shared with tape devices.   Your aftd RW devices should
all be selected in that pool's definition, and auto media management
should not be selected for the aftd devices at all...

Also - in some cases the sessions configs of tape devices on the save
server can interact with your aftd - hard to describe it exactly, but
we've seen it happen, so if you have tape devices, you should try to
make their max sessions higher and see what happens...

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright
material of Macquarie Group Limited or third parties. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store
or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all
copies of them. Macquarie Group Limited does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's
own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Group Limited.