Networker

Re: [Networker] Legato Networker 7.4

2007-11-16 14:03:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] Legato Networker 7.4
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 12:59:18 -0600
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Legato Networker 7.4, Matt Powell said (at...:

The server in question doesn't have a firewall running. I checked in the
servers file and the backup server is listed there. I also did a nslookup
and it finds the server name that I have specified although it is a
non-authoritative response. The server in question is in a domain and it had
a different DNS server than that of the backup server. Any thoughts on this
being the problem? Thanks for your suggestions.

That should not be a problem.

On a UNIX or Linux client, there would be a /nsr/logs directory.  Certain
types of connection issues may be logged there.  I don't recall from the
original email what type of client this was, but if there's a logs
directory, check any files in that directory for log messages that may be
relevant.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                        Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)