Networker

Re: [Networker] Scheduled backups

2007-11-14 00:46:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Scheduled backups
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 16:41:19 +1100
Hi Jeff,

> That should work, but we just ran into a bug after upgrading to 7.3.3
> where the priority setting in a group is ignored.  We were informed by EMC
> that the bug (LGTSC08291) was filed under 7.3.2 and duplicated in 7.3.3.
> Depending on when 7.4 was forked, it may exist there as well.  EMC support
> said 7.4 wasn't listed in the bug, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.
>
> We were also informed that there is currently no patch or workaround
> available.  We can't go to 7.4 so we're (literally) in the process of
> rolling back to 7.1.4  =(

The bug has existed in all versions of 7.3, at least on Unix platforms. A
customer of mine noted it when he first moved to 7.3, and I logged a case
with EMC which has become the LGTsc you mentioned above.

I'm currently not aware of an ETA on the fix.

My understanding is that 7.4 was forked from 7.3 code, not <7.3 code, and
therefore the bug will very likely be in 7.4 as well.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
http://www.anywebdb.com