Networker

[Networker] Networker Staging

2007-11-10 14:08:05
Subject: [Networker] Networker Staging
From: scotdb01 <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 10:55:49 -0800
I have a few questions related to the staging function built into Networker and
the NMC.  When a saveset is staged is the saveset deleted from the source of
the staging?  Or is it based on the max storage policy or is on the retention
setting in the client?  From what I gather the staging of saveset will occur
when EITHER the file system reaches the high water mark setting OR the age of a
saveset reaches the max storage period.  I would like to know when the save set
is actually removed from disk (if I use a adv file type).  Here's what I'm
trying to accomplish:
1. Backup database to disk (adv file type) to get it out of hot backup mode
2. Stage backups from disk to tape
3. Keep 2 fulls on disk before it's expired or recycled
4. Keep 3 fulls on tape

I'm keeping 2 full on disk to reduce disk requirements (DB could be in the TBs)
but the true agreed upon retention is 3 fulls for the data.