Networker

Re: [Networker] Dynamic World WIde Naming

2007-11-09 10:31:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] Dynamic World WIde Naming
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 09:27:35 -0600
Hello,
Not sure what DWWD could mean, does that mean they can change , if so your
zoning config needs to be redone each time and you would get I|O errors,
not sure why would any one want WWN change in the San? This is different
then serial number masking as it's done on ADIC etc, allowing you to swap
out faulty hardware not impacting your zoning and jbconfig. ( I have
noticed need to reload the drivers atleast in Windows environment with
firmware updates etc).
Can you explain the situation a little better ?