Networker

[Networker] Can not create client

2007-11-06 14:54:23
Subject: [Networker] Can not create client
From: Lisa Green <lisa.green AT CLARK.WA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 14:49:10 -0500
I am in the process of doing a migration of about 50 clients from one
Networker server to another.  This means that I need to create the clients
in the new server with the same client ids.  I was able to do this for all
but four clients that I had originally setup in the new server to test.  I
did not put their client ids from the old system but I have deleted the
clients, deleted all the groups, pools, media that that backups were done
on and also deleted their indexes.  I have even restarted the server but
still I cannot create these clients with the client id from the old
server.  It keeps giving me an error that the client exists (which it
doesn't) with a different client id.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to
get this fixed?  I have an open call with EMC but it took them over a week
to contact me regarding my questions on the best way to do this migration
and I fear that it will take forever to get this done. Any help is
appreciated.  Thanks.