Networker

Re: [Networker] How to specify slot number of a library in a report?

2007-11-06 10:16:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to specify slot number of a library in a report?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 10:13:22 -0500
Stan Horwitz <stan AT temple DOT edu> wrote on 11/06/2007 10:04:32 AM:

> > So I'd have to pipe the volume ID into nsrjb, get the slot number that
> > way, concat the the info with the previous report, and then email
> > it out?
>
> Yes, but the idea to just refer to the tapes volume name on an "nsrjb
> -w" command makes a lot more sense. That way, you allow NetWorker to
> figure out where the tape is by just giving nsrjb the name of the
> tape you want to remove from the tape library.

I'll see what I can do. This server isn't ready to be fully  put in
production yet, hence the tech doesn't get there every day to remove any
auto-ejected tapes. When it goes into production, of course, he'll stop
there every day and remove the tape, so auto-ejecting shouldn't be a
problem. Until then, I guess I'll have to tell him to stop there every day
to remove the tape.

As long as there is only 1 tape per day, this should work. If the job goes
to 2 tapes (and it will), tho, I won't be able to auto-eject all the
volumes made for that day. When that happens, it will be easier to have
the email tell him which slots to eject when he gets to the site.

Thanks