Networker

[Networker] How to specify slot number of a library in a report?

2007-11-05 15:16:56
Subject: [Networker] How to specify slot number of a library in a report?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 15:12:34 -0500
So I have this little script I run daily at a remote site:

mminfo -avot -q "near,savetime > 1 day ago" -r "pool,volume,volaccess(22)"

It shows me the tape that was written to most recently. I email that to me
and the texh who is responsible for that site. What I'd like to do, tho,
is have the report list what slot in the autochanger today's tape is in,
so he knows which slot to eject, without having to start Networker and
look.

For example, I get this right now:

 pool                            volume                         vol access
642nBroad      642nBroad.Full.004    11/5/2007 10:01:21 AM

What I need is:

 pool                            volume              Slot            vol
access
642nBroad      642nBroad.Full.004    4        11/5/2007 10:01:21 AM

so the tech knows to eject slot 4 today, to be stored offsite. (this
library does not have a barcode, so the labels are hand-written). The tape
labeling is done via template.

There doesn't seem to be an option for listing slot number in the
reporting criteria, or if there is, I'm not understanding it.

Can anyone point me in the direction I need to go?

Thanks

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM