Networker

Re: [Networker] st.conf

2007-11-03 09:22:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] st.conf
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 09:19:48 -0400
On Nov 3, 2007, at 8:43 AM, Paul messner wrote:

Hi,

This is my first post.

I have just moved to a new backup server, a Sun V445 running Solaris 10,
and using Legato 7.2.2.  I have noticed that when a new tape is being
labeled and when a tape becomes full I get I/O errors. Last night a tape
filled gave an I/O error and then my backup jobs hung.  Legato and Sun
believe it is the st.conf file not being configured properly. Our current
st.conf is the default.  Every time I have add options I got a error
running the update_drv command. Sorry I don't have the error available at
the moment.  Our tape Library is a L700e with LTO2 IBm drives.  I was
wondering if any one had an example of st.conf with the options it. Or
have any other ideas that could fix my IO errors.

Have you contacted your tape library's manufacturer for the recommended st.conf file? If not, that might be helpful.