Networker

[Networker] Groups hanging,Index not being backed up

2007-11-01 15:35:24
Subject: [Networker] Groups hanging,Index not being backed up
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 14:29:05 -0500
Hello,
I can confirm that most of our windows servers do not have millions of
files & neither are FULL backups run on most servers during the time group
hangs, i use to see such behavior prior to 7.3.3 more often also, however,
we have been fine tuning our backups to integrate VTL, which has been
problematic.
Currently  each Networker group writes to it's own backup and clone pool (
apx 8 groups between 1 master and two sn servers).
Each group is restricted to it'w own set of VTL devices and Physical
devices, just to give you more insight into how the backups are handled.
On average incremental day 2 TB is backed up over 180 hosts while Full
backup is apx 6-7 TB.
The clients that fail index are random and have OS Windows 2003 and or
windows 2000.
Thanks