Networker

Re: [Networker] Groups hanging,Index not being backed up

2007-11-01 14:10:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] Groups hanging,Index not being backed up
From: Randy Doering <rdoering2 AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:55:22 -0700
It
Yes, I've seen this in our environment - RH Linux, Networker 7.3.3.

It was usually related to a file system that has millions (60-70+) of files in
it.

Actually I've seen this less after I put 7.3.3 on the server, and pretty much
only see it now on the Full NDMP backup from the Celerra Data Movers. The level
1-9 are fine now.

With 7.3.1 and 7.3.2 I was seeing this ALOT. Search for "Contacting Client" in
the archives. Also had a case opened with EMC, which went nowhere.

Randy