Networker

Re: [Networker] Staging problem with deleted files on AFTD

2007-10-18 21:31:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Staging problem with deleted files on AFTD
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:21:05 +1000
Hi Wayne,

> I am having a problem with staging from various AFTD, where it seems the
> files are being removed before the stage operation runs.
>
> The error I get in the daemon.log is
> 10/19/07 10:00:04 nsrmmd #12: cannot open
> /Xraid-disk1/19/11/8d66fa1b-00000006-b216840b-4716840b-0b4f0000-8a508021
> file: No such file or directory

Check to see if the same named file exists in the _AF_readonly component of
the filesystem.

If it does, you need to contact EMC and ask them for LGTsc10228, which is a
port of LGTsc07897 to Linux. You'll probably need to upgrade to 7.3.3, and
also request access to the patched nsrmmd (LGTsc08007) as well.

> What would be causing these files to be deleted, and how do I stop it
> from continuing to happen?

Likely you are experiencing the bug whereby NetWorker can write to the
_AF_readonly component of the disk backup unit filesystem.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
http://www.anywebdb.com