Networker

[Networker] Staging problem with deleted files on AFTD

2007-10-18 21:22:58
Subject: [Networker] Staging problem with deleted files on AFTD
From: Wayne Smith <Wayne.Smith AT CDU.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:43:33 +0930
I am having a problem with staging from various AFTD, where it seems the
files are being removed before the stage operation runs.

The error I get in the daemon.log is
10/19/07 10:00:04 nsrmmd #12: cannot open
/Xraid-disk1/19/11/8d66fa1b-00000006-b216840b-4716840b-0b4f0000-8a508021
file: No such file or directory

If you browse to this path, there are no files.
However, using mminfo, you can still see the ssid that this file relates
to.

In order to get the staging to continue, I need to remove this saveset
usnig nsrmm -d -S xxx

I have four AFTD, and am seeing this on all of them. Until the saveset
is deleted, staging will not continue on the volume, and I am
continually running out of free space for backups.

What would be causing these files to be deleted, and how do I stop it
from continuing to happen?

My environment is NetWorker 7.3.2 Build 386, running on Linux RedHat AS4
4 AFTD, 2x 1.4TB and 2x 2.3TB (Apple XServe RAID's, formatted with ext3)

Regards,
Wayne Smith
Systems Administrator
Data Centre Group
ITMS
Charles Darwin University,  Darwin,  NT,  0909

CRICOS Provider No: 00300K