Networker

Re: [Networker] NMO running slowly with 7.3.3 Server

2007-10-16 08:23:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMO running slowly with 7.3.3 Server
From: Bob Payne <Bob_Payne AT FWUK.FWC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:05:04 +0100
Thanks for your thoughts.
The 10 x slower thoughput happens only with 7.3.3 Networker server and the
mix of Oracle, Windows, NMO, Networker client version on that one server.
With Networker server 7.2.1 all (Networker) clients were happy.
With Networker server 7.3.3 we have  one unhappy NMO backup.  Many dozens
happy NMO backups.

Regards

Bob
Principal Technical Consultant
Information Technology
Foster Wheeler Energy Ltd
Tel:  44 (0) 118 9132889
Fax: 44 (0) 118 9162889

             "Faidherbe, Thierry"

             <Thierry.Faidherbe AT hp DOT com

                                                       "EMC NetWorker
discussion" <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>,
             16/10/2007 10:38                          Bob
Payne/D122/DEPTS/UK/FWUK/GB@FWUK

                                  cc

                             Subject
                                                       RE: [Networker] NMO
running slowly with 7.3.3 Server

Maybe another one being in reducing amount of parallelized dbf
files processing using "fileperset 1" in backup statement like

(...)
backup full filesperset 1 format '%d_df_%u' database;
(...)

Can decrease oracle server load in case of bottleneck
being oracle server not able to send data fast enough
to backup server.

Another hint to consider lan connection. Maybe is lan
link saturated causing perf drop down.

HTH

TH

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********  HEWLETT - PACKARD SPRL/BVBA
 *******    h      *******  Hermeslaan, 1a
 ******    h        ******  B-1831 Diegem
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****  BELGIUM
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****  Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
 ******      p      ******  Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
 *******    p      *******  Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 290.15.49
 *********       *********  Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com

                                               Internet  :
http://www.hp.com/
      I  N  V  E  N  T

      Enterprise number 0402.220.594  RPM/RPR Brussels