Networker

Re: [Networker] Jukebox identified as 16 slot when it's only 8

2007-10-10 15:14:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] Jukebox identified as 16 slot when it's only 8
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 15:11:02 -0400
On Oct 10, 2007, at 2:36 PM, Peter Grace wrote:

Hello group,

I have a quantum superloader that's capable of having two magazines, but
we only have one installed.  For some reason, legato detects all 16
slots on the autoloader and then thusly refuses to use it since we're
only licensed for 8.

Do any of you know some magic for the nsrjb command to force it to think there are only 8 slots for the autoloader, or perhaps is there a config
file somewhere in /nsr/* that I can edit to fix this?  The manual says
use nwadmin to fix this; I change the auto-cleaner slot to 8 and usable
slots to 1-7, but it still thinks there are 16 slots available.

Check the documentation for your tape library to see if there's a way to force it to report that it has only 8 slots.