Networker

Re: [Networker] Not suppressing output of a job

2007-10-10 05:46:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Not suppressing output of a job
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 05:41:14 -0400
On Oct 10, 2007, at 3:32 AM, Preston de Guise wrote:I doubt you'll have much luck.

Having logged a case with support and discussed the matter with them, the NO_SUPPRESS feature has been discontinued from 7.3.3 onwards, and I doubt
that there'll be much traction getting it re-added in 7.4 either.

Apparently the powers that be (sigh) decided that you can get the same
information from running the savegroup from the command line with a "-vvv" option, completely disregarding any notion of people who either (a) want to receive it all the time or (b) problems that can only be debugged when run
through their normally scheduled processes.

FWIW I completely disagree with the notion that "savegrp -vvv" is the same functionality and therefore there's been none lost by dropping NO_SUPPRESS, and would strongly advise others who find that this is going to make their
life difficult to log bug reports/complain to their EMC reps.

Have you tried submitting an RFE via PowerLin? I think that would be the way to go.