Networker

Re: [Networker] directives and wildcards

2007-10-09 06:03:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] directives and wildcards
From: Bill Hewitt <bill AT INF.ED.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 10:59:30 +0100
Francis Swasey wrote:
Bill,

You don't say what you've tried, so maybe I'm going all over the place
on this, but if you put the following in a directive you assign to these
clients or put it in the /.nsr file on the client, it should work:

<< / >>
    +skip: vicep*

Frank

Bill Hewitt wrote:
I am backing up several afs file servers. In their / partition, they
have a whole bunch of raw afs partitions all of whose names start with
vicep that I want to exclude from the backups.
I want to use wildcards to say ignore any file/directory whose name
starts with vicep in the / directory.
Preliminary attempts at this didn't do as I expected. Is it me, or is
this a harder problem that it looks at first glance.

I'm currently running 7.1 on solaris servers.

Sorry, I probably didn't explain myself very well. these are mounted partitions, so I don't think this will work. Can i tell networker to skip a partition based on its name ? OK, so I can do this by scripting the whole thing myself and doing a for ptn in fstab entry; do
if $ptn doesn't match vicep {save ....}
can I do this within networkers schedulling though, without scripting the whole thing myself ?