Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup Problem

2007-10-04 12:10:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup Problem
From: "Coty, Edward" <Edward.Coty AT AIG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 11:55:02 -0400

If backup was working all along and just started failing then a change
was made to the client. Was the network changed at all? Is the netmask
and default gateway correct? I have seen these issues and backup just
won't work. Have you put the client into its own group and run command
line verbose mode. Are both client and backup server windows? If unix
snoop the interface and see if any traffic is happening. If windows can
you traceroute from client to server and vice versa.

EDWARD COTY
LEAD STORAGE ENGINEER, LCNA, NACP
WORK - 973-533-2098
CELL - 973-296-0918