Networker

[Networker] administrator doesn't have full admin rights?

2007-08-31 21:31:17
Subject: [Networker] administrator doesn't have full admin rights?
From: Thomas S Pinard <tom.pinard AT MCI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 01:11:39 +0000
Background info: Solaris 8 running Networker 7.3.2.Build.364

I've had this backup server running for a while and decided I would try
messing around with the port ranges.  Whether logged in as myself or the
administrator user, when I try to change the ports, I get:

user administrator on machine backup0 is not on administrator list

Also, in the administrator section of the same window, it says:

No priviledge to view administrator list

What gives?  Everything else can be configured by the administrator user,
which I thought had the equivalent of superuser throughout the system.

I doublechecked to make sure my own account and the administrator's have
the backup server listed in the permissions section.

Thanks,

TomP