Networker

[Networker] Rsync replication of NW Server DBs.

2007-08-27 13:10:49
Subject: [Networker] Rsync replication of NW Server DBs.
From: John Hope-Bailie <johnhb AT CHANNELDATA.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 19:05:33 +0200
Hi All,

We are looking at setting up a "stand-by"  NW server on a DR site which
is linked to the production site via a WAN.  The link speed is not
sufficient to do large-scale replication of production data, so we
replicate the data structures of the NW server only (nsr/res, nsr/mm,
nsr/index) to avoid having to restore the bootstrap and the indexes
prior to starting the restore of the production data.

The NW server is Sun/Solaris and we are using rsync to replicate the NW
data across.  The DR backup server has NW installed but the daemons
stopped.  We have not attempted to bring up the DR backup server yet.
We intend to do this next week as part of an exercise.

Has anyone had any experienice with this type of thing ?  I am concerned
about open resource DB, media DB or client-file index files not being
replicated correctly.

Any comment & suggestions are welcome.

John Hope-Bailie