Networker

Re: [Networker] Some comments on NetWorker 7.4

2007-08-25 19:04:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] Some comments on NetWorker 7.4
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 02:01:18 +0300
Stan Horwitz wrote:
On Aug 24, 2007, at 10:42 AM, Hutchison, Jay A wrote:

Stan, when you say nwrecover are you referring to Networker user?

I guess so. I am referring to typing "nwrecover" on the command line on the Linux client. When I do that, I get an error as follows

125:nwrecover: unable to execute with hard links to binary /usr/bin/nwrecover

  Can you send the output of "strace /usr/bin/nwrecover" ?

I get the same error on the NSR 7.4 server too.

The Admin Guide says to type that command, but it doesn't work for me. Its not a big deal though because for Linux recovers, I use the recover CLI anyway. This is more of a curiosity for me. I intend to try the NetWorker 7.4 Windows client today on an XP laptop to see how that works. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a Windows 2000 or 2003 server that's on the same subnet as my test server and its locked down heavy via a firewall.

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or

-- Yaron.