Networker

Re: [Networker] new to Virtual Tape Library - what are the benefits?

2007-08-22 17:53:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] new to Virtual Tape Library - what are the benefits?
From: Curtis Preston <cpreston AT GLASSHOUSE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:48:26 -0400
The question is a very important one.  Are you REQUIRED to buy the VTL
license (even if you have valid tape drive licenses?), or are you
ALLOWED to buy the VTL license if you want the extra VTL functionality?
Symantec has gone the former, not the latter (me not happy), so it will
be interesting to see what EMC does.

---
W. Curtis Preston
Backup Blog @ www.backupcentral.com
VP Data Protection, GlassHouse Technologies