Networker

[Networker] 7.3.2Jumbo errors.

2007-08-20 09:39:32
Subject: [Networker] 7.3.2Jumbo errors.
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 16:33:59 +0300
Hi,

I started upgrading some of my clients to 7.3.2Jumbo (aka nw_7_3_2_jumbo.Build.386) and was surprised to find the following error messages in the backup report:

* aristo.tau.ac.il:/ save: Mountpoint detected: files/directories under `/dev/pts/' will not be backed up. To back up a mountpoint, specify the mountpoint as the saveset value. * aristo.tau.ac.il:/ save: Mountpoint detected: files/directories under `/dev/shm/' will not be backed up. To back up a mountpoint, specify the mountpoint as the saveset value. * aristo.tau.ac.il:/ save: Mountpoint detected: files/directories under `/home/' will not be backed up. To back up a mountpoint, specify the mountpoint as the saveset value. * aristo.tau.ac.il:/ save: Mountpoint detected: files/directories under `/proc/' will not be backed up. To back up a mountpoint, specify the mountpoint as the saveset value. * aristo.tau.ac.il:/ save: Mountpoint detected: files/directories under `/a/home/cc/' will not be backed up. To back up a mountpoint, specify the mountpoint as the saveset value.

It seems, however, that those file systems were eventually backed up. An upgrade to 7.3.3 (aka 7.3.3.Build.510) fixed the problem (or at least removed the error message).

   Has anyone seen these errors ?

Can I trust the integrity of those incremental backups that were done using 7.3.2, or should I upgrade and schedule a full ?

--

-- Yaron.