Networker

Re: [Networker] new to Virtual Tape Library - what are the benefits?

2007-08-16 10:03:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] new to Virtual Tape Library - what are the benefits?
From: Stuart Whitby <swhitby AT DATAPROTECTORS.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 14:59:58 +0100
Depending on the VTL involved, it will manage the cloning of data to physical
tape.  If this is license-free, then it may be better to do this than to
involve NetWorker, which will require a further jukebox license to cover this.
The way it works on a CDL is that the CDL controls the physical library, and
will load tapes and route the data to NetWorker that way.  Or so I believe -
didn't have physical libraries on my last job :)

Cheers,

Stuart.