Networker

[Networker] nsradmin weirdness

2007-08-15 13:49:53
Subject: [Networker] nsradmin weirdness
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 13:44:47 -0400
Hi,

I have several clients that are no longer members of any groups, but an 'nsradmin' query reports them as being members of two different active groups. I checked these clients under nwadmin, and there are no groups selected. Furthermore, I also ran nsradmin, went into visual mode, and looked at each client. Again, no groups are selected for these guys.

Here's the nsradmin command:

nsradmin> show name
nsradmin> print type: NSR client;  group: group_name

It reports several clients that are indeed members of the group, but it also reports several that are not. Hmm .... Anyone have any ideas on why this would be and/or how to fix this? Possible corruption? I haven't tried deleting the clients yet. Maybe that would resolve it? Not sure how long this has been this way, but this is the first time I ran this particular query so who knows.

We're running 7.2.2 on Solaris server.

Thanks.

George

--
George Sinclair - NOAA/NESDIS/National Oceanographic Data Center
SSMC3 4th Floor Rm 4145       | Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210