Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4 Savegroup Notifications Truncated to 270 Characters

2007-08-13 01:36:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4 Savegroup Notifications Truncated to 270 Characters
From: Jonathan Loran <jloran AT SSL.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 22:34:03 -0700
Yes, well, I wish I caught this before we upgraded. We were at 7.3.2, and there were plenty of other problems there. But my reporting all worked, at least.
It seems like the QA of the Networker software has gone down the tubes.

Jon

Nick Tan wrote:

Jonathan Loran wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this list, though hardly new to Networker. Been using it for 12 or so years now. Have many custom scripts, etc.

Just installed 7.4. May have been a mistake. It looked good on testing, but now we find the savegroup notifications are truncated at 270 characters. we recharge our backup service, and use these notifications to parse out client backup volumes etc. pump them into a mysql database. This is now totally broken with the truncated reports. Anyone else seen this? if so, anyone seen a workaround? May have to roll back to 7.3.2(3?)

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Jon,

I'm so glad you posted this! I'm doing an evaluation of 7.4 at the moment and I'm seeing the same thing with my savegroup notifications. I was pulling my hair out trying to find a new option somewhere to fix this. Its good to know that its not just me :)

Nick

--

-     _____/     _____/      /           - Jonathan Loran -           -
-    /          /           /                IT Manager               -