Networker

[Networker] stinit.def (again)

2007-07-31 08:36:43
Subject: [Networker] stinit.def (again)
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:34:28 +0200
I'm trying to setup a two-drive LTO-2 configuration with a HP DL160 G2 server as the backup server. Its running SLES9 SP3. It seems like I've run into the old stinit.def problem again, as there is none in the system per default, and the block size doesn't seem to make sense at all.

I'm having a hard time finding any specs for the stinit.conf on the net, or on powerlink. Is there a "master" file which contains relevant config for each type of drive, or are tape drive manufacturers supposed to come up with these configs themselves? I can't seem to find any docs on hp.com either.

Or am I missing something else?

//Oscar