Networker

[Networker] : NW test server

2007-07-27 09:21:54
Subject: [Networker] : NW test server
From: Fazil Saiyed <fazil.saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:17:50 -0400
Hello,
It's all up to you and what hardware do you have avallable to match the
original, one thing for sure, you cannot use the same host id on the same
subnet in test, otherwise your enablers on one server will get disabled.
some other things to consider.
Utilizing VTL to emulate the real lib
Creating seperate vlan or test lab to emulate the production.
I dont belive you  need to duplicate everything, i.e i see no need to
duplicate every client, the other thing is you can always use production
Networker server during off peak hrs to do client testing, scripts etc.
I do see a need for somewhat like enviroment to prod for testing version
updated, driver updates, changes in firmware, drastic changes in backup
routines, procedures and migration.
The larger problem may be to keep the software licenced, you will need to
purchanse some permanent licences in order to keep the enviroment stable,
otherwise rebuilding servers may be nessary to keep the trail version
going.
HTH