Networker

Re: [Networker] How often does Networker update the media.log file?

2007-07-20 22:13:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] How often does Networker update the media.log file?
From: Brian Gardner <gadget5129 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 19:11:22 -0700
Perhaps this is what you're asking about? Here is an excerpt from a 7.3 admin
guide:The AFTD deletes expired save sets depending on the retention policy and
therecycle setting. If sufficient storage space has not been cleared after
a10-minute period from the start of the initial deletion of the expired save
sets,the action that is associated with the Filesystem Full—Waiting for
adv_file Spacenotification takes place. By default, the action for this
notification sends anemail to the root user on the NetWorker server on UNIX and
Linux systems,and logs a message in the <NetWorker_install_path>\logs\media.log
file onWindows systems.Brian> Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:24:51 +0100> From:
Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK> Subject: [Networker] How often does
Networker update the media.log file?> To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:38:50 +0100, Davina Treiber > <Davina.Treiber AT
PEEVRO.CO DOT UK> wrote:> >  >Lisa Green wrote:>  >> I am trying to configure
an event watch for a Windows 2003 server > running>  >> Legato 7.2.2 and cannot
find the time schedule that the media.log > file is>  >> updated.  I want it to
watch for a waiting for media event but have > waited>  >> 15 minutes so far
and the media.log file hasn't been updated yet.  > If you>  >> know the answer,
I would appreciate an email.  Thanks.>  >>>  >>  >media.log file? Is this
created from a custom notification at your site?>  >What does it contain? I
have never heard of a file with this name.> >  From a couple of replies I have
had, I think I understand what this > file is.> > I think it is a newish
notification that must have been introduced. The> default set of notifications
are created when a new NetWorker server is> installed. If you upgrade the
NetWorker version, the resdb database is kept> from the previous installation,
so any new default notifications will not be> installed. This will be why I
have never seen the notifications that update> the media.log file.> > If this
is the case, then I would assume that the media.log file contains> tape mount
requests. If you wish to force something to this file, the> easiest way is
probably simply to run a save command.> > Hope I am not way off the mark on
this...> > To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT
edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to
http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or> via RSS at