Networker

[Networker] ndmp from a netapp file

2007-07-20 10:22:47
Subject: [Networker] ndmp from a netapp file
From: Fazil Saiyed <fazil.saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:20:13 -0400
Hello,
Seems like something else is going on during NDMP backups, after checking
your config and ndmp versions, filer os versions etc.
Since NDMP backups are based on snapshots, i dont beleive deleting files
while backups are running has any thing to do with it.
check how busy the filer is during the backups, there is an NDMP log
directory under etc share that can be configured and there is also an
option to increase the debug level via ndmp cmd & Filer options.
I do not use all as saveset , we specifically enter each qtree\vol that
needs backup, in my experiance ndmp backups have been very stable.
If you need to see what's getting backed up, just check the savegrp logs
or run a mock restore to the filer and it will list everything that has
been backed up.
Have you checked the now site for any KB's.
HTH