Networker

Re: [Networker] Best upgrade path from 7.1.4?

2007-07-19 15:04:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Best upgrade path from 7.1.4?
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 22:01:17 +0300
Manel Rodero wrote:
Hi,

You point to 7.3.2 Build 399 in the FTP ... the version in PowerLink is Build 386 and in the message "Networker 7.4 - any experiences" of today by Peter Viertel he said that the very-stable is Build 499.

Why EMC is not pointing to the best and stable version from PowerLink downloads?

Most software companies distribute an official version only after a long QA process. They might point someone at another (higher, no QA) version in case they know that it fixes a specific problem that this user has. They will not release this version to the general public.

After browsing the FTP site I've found the directory ftp://ftp.legato.com/pub/NetWorker/7.3.2-Build399 and others 7.3.2 but not 499.

By now, the FTP has an obscure and nobody-knows structure. By far I remembered that there was some "eval" directorios by quarters where we found sometimes Legato versions.

Which is the download path for the very stable 7.3.2 Build?

Thanks.

Olaf Zaplinski wrote:
Yaron Zabary schrieb:
  2. 7.3.2Jumbo (Build 386).

Hmm, we run 7.3.2 Jumbo Build 399 here. When we installed it as advised
by tech support, it was only available on ftp.legato.com.

Olaf

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or

-- Yaron.