Networker

[Networker] Best upgrade path from 7.1.4?

2007-07-16 09:14:03
Subject: [Networker] Best upgrade path from 7.1.4?
From: Manel Rodero <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:12:14 +0200
Hello,

Two weeks ago we've finished the hardware and OS upgrade of our NetWorker server (NetWorker 7.1.4 on Windows Server R2).

Now, we want continue its upgrading to one of the "new" releases of NetWorker. After searching the list we've seen many problems in different times with different versions, but we would like to know what's the actual "state of the art" of the different NetWorker versions to see which one is better for our environment.

As seen today in PowerLink there are available four different versions of NetWorker:

        7.2.2 Jumbo (Dec'06)
        7.3.2 (Sep'06)
        7.3.2 Jumbo Update 1 (Apr'07)
        7.4 (Jun'07)

Our question is the following?

- Which one is the "best" actually? (in terms of stability and performance, environment, etc.)

Thank you.

--

o o o  Manel Rodero                   | LCFIB - UPC
o o o  Systems Manager                | Campus Nord - Modul B6

       manel AT fib.upc DOT edu              | Tel: +00 34 93 401 6940
       http://www.fib.upc.edu/~manel  | Fax: +00 34 93 401 7040