Networker

Re: [Networker] Withdrawing tapes on an ACSLS silo

2007-07-12 12:50:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] Withdrawing tapes on an ACSLS silo
From: "Groth, Jonathan A" <jonathan.groth AT EDS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:46:49 -0400
Hello,

I do something similar, using nsrjb -x and stk_eject (NW 7.3.2, Solaris 10) to
kick tapes to one of the caps in our STK9310.  The ksh script below
(abbreviated) will generate 2 different scripts (I like to double-check that
its processing what I want correctly before running them) that remove the tapes
from the library (nsrjb -x) and another one to kick them to a cap of my
choosing.

#!/bin/ksh

#
#  Set variables
#

TAPES_TO_KICK=/tmp/tapes_to_eject.log
REMOVE_TAPES=/usr/local/bin/rt
KICK_TAPES=/usr/local/bin/kick_tapes

#
#  Discover which tapes need to come out
#

#  <snip> Generate the list of tapes that goes to the TAPES_TO_KICK file

#
#  Select which cap to use
#

print 'Choose which cap to use (1-6):'
PS3='cap?  '

select cap in \
    0,0,0 \
    0,0,1 \
    0,1,1 \
    0,1,0 \
    0,2,0 \
    0,2,1
do
    if [[ -n $cap ]]
    then
        CAP=$cap
        break
    else
        echo "Invalid option:  please select 1-6"
    fi
done

#
#  Create commands to remove the tapes from NetWorker and kick tapes to the cap
#

echo "" > $REMOVE_TAPES

echo "stk_eject youracslsserver $CAP NOWAITV \c" > $KICK_TAPES

for tape in `cat $TAPES_TO_KICK`
do
    echo "nsrjb -x -T $tape" >> $REMOVE_TAPES
    echo "$tape \c" >> $KICK_TAPES
done

exit 0

-Jonathan