Networker

Re: [Networker] How to do a backup of a Windows share

2007-07-12 05:28:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to do a backup of a Windows share
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:24:24 -0000
best way is to create a batch file on the windows box that
1) mount the share
        net use <letter>: \\linksys\path [user [passwd]]
2) start save cmd to legato
        save -s lgtoserv -c lgtoclnt -l full -b lgtopool \
                <letter>:\
3) unmount the share
        net use <letter>: /del

and start the batch file from windows task scheduler

Another way may be to system Group Policy Oobject editor to add job (*)
during server boot the map network drive operation
and to specify the assigned letter to your legato client
resource. (not using ALL keyword.). Schedule your backups
using legato scheduler/groups.

Create a batch file with the net use command as under 1)

(*) start mmc, add snapin, connect to localhost
then open local computer policy
        computer configuration
                windows settings
                        scripts
                                startup
                                        <ADD created batch file>

Should work like a charm.

HTH

Th

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********   HEWLETT - PACKARD
 *******    h      *******   -  1 Rue de l'aeronef/Luchtschipstraat
 ******    h        ******      1140 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****   -  102 Blv de la Woluwe/Woluwedal
 *****   h  h  p  p  *****      1200 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****   -> HP moves as from 20 August 2007
 ******      p      ******      Hermeslaan 1a - B-1831 Diegem
 *******    p      *******      BELGIUM
                                      Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
      I  N  V  E  N  T          Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
                                Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 729.88.30
Enterprise number 0402.220.594  Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com
     RPM/RPR Brussels           Internet  : http://www.hp.com/