Networker

Re: [Networker] manual backup of index files

2007-07-11 17:07:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] manual backup of index files
From: Terrence R Haupt <Terrence.Haupt AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 16:03:29 -0500

I would like to add if your going to use this method, I would skip the indexes during the normal backup for this client.  You can set this via the gui or set a flag... I cant remember the flag off hand (I would look it up but I am heading out the door... Sorry I know... i'm lazy).

- Terry

Terrence R Haupt
SR UNIX Systems Administrator
Corporate Information Technology
GB20
Abbott
100 Abbott Park Road
Abbott Park, IL 60064
Desk 847-938-2375
Cell 847-878-1057

Terrence.Haupt AT abbott DOT com

Dipak Patel <pateldm AT COMCAST DOT NET>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>

07/11/2007 03:09 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond to
pateldm AT COMCAST DOT NET

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc
Subject
Re: [Networker] manual backup of index files

You can create a group name "index" and create new client for all clients that you would like to have indexes backup and assign index savegrp to these clients. Modify cron to run "savegrp -N 8 -O -G index" command from NSR server. -O option will backup only indexes of all clients under "index" savegrp.

Thank you,
Dipak

From: Mark Scheufele <mark.scheufele AT DIASEMI DOT COM>

> Hi,
>
> we are running a networker storage node which is backing up a netapp
> filer over ndmp. In order to avoid very high utilisation during a
> fullbackup we have created three clients to backup all the volumes of
> the filer. Each client is started by a different group at a different
> time and is backing up some volumes. All volumes of the filer are backed
> up when all clients have finished.
>
> As all three clients are backing up parts of the same host I think that
> the index is being backed up more or less three times. As the index is
> quite big (greater than 30gb) I'd like to avoid that.
> So the idea is to backup the index for the filer only once after all
> clients have finished.
>
> There is the option "no index save" within the group configuration to
> disable an index backup. I am now searching for a method to backup the
> indexes for that particular netapp filer after all the related
> savegroups have finished.
>
> Any suggestions are appreciated.
>
> mark
> Dialog Semiconductor GmbH
> Neue Str. 95
> D-73230 Kirchheim
> Managing Director: Dr. Jalal Bagherli
> Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gregorio Reyes
> Commercial register: Amtsgericht Stuttgart: HRB 231181
> UST-ID-Nr. DE 811121668
>

> Legal Disclaimer: This e-mail communication (and any attachment/s) is
> confidential and
> contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally
> privileged. It is
> intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
> addressed. Access
> to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
> recipient, any
> disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
> reliance
> on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
> To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type
> networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list.
> You can access the archives at

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or