Networker

[Networker] manual backup of index files

2007-07-09 10:41:53
Subject: [Networker] manual backup of index files
From: Mark Scheufele <mark.scheufele AT DIASEMI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 16:29:12 +0200
Hi,

we are running a networker storage node which is backing up a netapp
filer over ndmp. In order to avoid very high utilisation during a
fullbackup we have created three clients to backup all the volumes of
the filer. Each client is started by a different group at a different
time and is backing up some volumes. All volumes of the filer are backed
up when all clients have finished.

As all three clients are backing up parts of the same host I think that
the index is being backed up more or less three times. As the index is
quite big (greater than 30gb) I'd like to avoid that.
So the idea is to backup the index for the filer only once after all
clients have finished.

There is the option "no index save" within the group configuration to
disable an index backup. I am now searching for a method to backup the
indexes for that particular netapp filer after all the related
savegroups have finished.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

mark
Dialog Semiconductor GmbH
Neue Str. 95
D-73230 Kirchheim
Managing Director: Dr. Jalal Bagherli
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gregorio Reyes
Commercial register: Amtsgericht Stuttgart: HRB 231181
UST-ID-Nr. DE 811121668

Legal Disclaimer: This e-mail communication (and any attachment/s) is
confidential and
contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally
privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. Access
to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.