Networker

Re: [Networker] NAS - Restore

2007-07-04 08:19:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] NAS - Restore
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 08:15:39 -0400
On Jul 3, 2007, at 9:46 AM, Howard, Patrick wrote:

Greetings all:

I have an interesting one, at least is is for me.

I have a NAS Attached to to my master server. It's an NDMP setup on EMC
Celerra.

We want to be able to restore a large directory from the NAS to a
different server, and am not sure if or how to do it.  I only get the
abiltiy to restore to itself, probably because it's the only NDMP? I'd
like some validation on that.

Check the documentation to confirm, but you should be able to do what you want, but with two provisos. The target for the restore has to be the same hardware and same OS (including the same version) as the primary NAS, at least that's the way it is in my environment. Check your documentation for your hardware to confirm that, but as long as you have things set up properly, it should work fine. You would do a directed recover from your networker server and redirect the output to the backup server.