Networker

Re: [Networker] Turn Cloning Off and On

2007-07-03 06:11:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] Turn Cloning Off and On
From: Conrad Macina <conrad.macina AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 06:00:56 -0400
This command should do it for you:

echo ". type:nsr group;name:<groupname> \n update Clones:no" | nsradmin -i -

It might be easier, though, to set up a second client definition for each
client. One would use a schedule to back up incremental during the week, the
other to back up full on the weekends. Put each in a separate group, with
cloning off for the weekend group and on for the weekday one. Creating
multiple client definitions for the same client does not require additional
client licenses.

But it's not clear what you're accomplishing by doing this. If you send the
only copy of your weekend fulls off-site and a restore comes during the
week, wouldn't you have to send for the off-site full tapes in order to do
the restore?

Conrad Macina
Pfizer, Inc.