Networker

Re: [Networker] Slow restores with Domino transaction logging

2007-06-26 09:30:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Slow restores with Domino transaction logging
From: Jeff Mery <jeff.mery AT NI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:28:32 -0500
Hi Wayne,
What are your restore times like when recovering from an incremental?

Jeff Mery - MCSE, MCP
National Instruments

"Allow me to extol the virtues of the Net Fairy, and of all the fantastic
dorks that make the nice packets go from here to there. Amen."
TB - Penny Arcade

Wayne Smith <Wayne.Smith AT CDU.EDU DOT AU>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
06/25/2007 07:33 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Wayne Smith <Wayne.Smith AT CDU.EDU DOT AU>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [Networker] Slow restores with Domino transaction logging

For our Notes  backups, we have set up two separate clients, one for
full backups, and one for incremental.

For the Full backup, we define a Save Set of NOTES: , the backup command
is set to nsrnotesv.exe and the Application information is set to
MYARGS=-v -v -v -G 1

For the Incremental backup, we use a Save Set of NOTES:, the backup
command is nsrnotesv.exe and the Application information is left blank.

The transaction logs will only be truncated at the end of a successful
Full backup, so you wont get any space back when running the
Incrementals, but this backup is smaller as it only backs up these
transaction logs.

Regards
Wayne Smith
Systems Administrator
Data Centre Group
ITMS
Charles Darwin University,  Darwin,  NT,  0909

CRICOS Provider No: 00300K