Networker

Re: [Networker] Comments about Backup Advisor

2007-06-08 14:46:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Comments about Backup Advisor
From: Brian Gardner <gadget5129 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 11:43:57 -0700
I'm probably going to regret this but...   ;-)There are open source
alternatives as well, if you are bent in that direction. Two examples about
which I have heard good things but have no direct
experience:http://www.splunk.comhttp://www.zenoss.comBefore anyone flames me
for this, please understand that I've provided this information simply because
I have found that there are those who strongly prefer open source alternatives.
For that type of person or organization, I believe you'll find the above to be
the most proven options. I don't know names, but I have heard that at least one
NetWorker customer is using splunk.BTW, Curtis, long time no speak. I hope this
finds you well.Brian> Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 13:33:41 -0400> From: cpreston AT
GLASSHOUSE DOT COM> Subject: Re: [Networker] Comments about Backup Advisor> To:
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> > I know that EBA is a re-branded version
of WysDM, so you might also ask> if anyone's had experience with that.> > --->
W. Curtis Preston> Author of O'Reilly's Backup & Recovery and Using SANs and
NAS> VP Data Protection> GlassHouse Technologies> > > -----Original
Message-----> From: EMC NetWorker discussion [mailto:NETWORKER AT
LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU] On> Behalf Of Stan Horwitz> Sent: Friday, June 08,
2007 2:58 AM> To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> Subject: [Networker]
Comments about Backup Advisor> > I am thinking of deploying EMC's Backup
Advisor to help manage  > NetWorker backups and get the word out when backups
fail. I am  > wondering what people who have been using Backup Advisor think
about  > it. I would deploy it with NetWorker 7.3.2.> > To sign off this list,
send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and> type "signoff networker"
in the body of the email. Please write to> networker-request AT listserv.temple
DOT edu if you have any problems with this> list. You can access the archives
at> http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or> via RSS at
http://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?RSS&L=NETWORKER> > To sign off this list,