Networker

[Networker] Lotus Notes - no save synchronization mutex error

2007-06-07 11:52:05
Subject: [Networker] Lotus Notes - no save synchronization mutex error
From: Ben Wall <bwall AT AMERICAN DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 11:46:52 -0400
Hello List,

We are using Networker 7.2 on Solaris 8 to back up 5 Domino 6.5 servers also
running on Solaris 8. We are using the Networker module for Lotus v 1.14
(according to the script comments in nsrnote.)
Several times per week, for different servers/groups/save sets, we get the
following error:

<servername>:<modulename>:<savesetname>:No notes save synchronization mutex
is available.  Savestream file selection may overlap.

This seems to coincide with a condition where the group is listed as running
but there are no active sessions for any save set of that group for an
extended period - we've had a few run for several days before being caught.
Manually stopping the group ends the problem.
I don't really have any idea whether or not these things are related. Does
anyone have any ideas? Anyone seen this error message before?

Regards,
Ben Wall
System Administrator
American University