Networker

Re: [Networker] Legato On Demand Backup Question

2007-06-07 10:58:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] Legato On Demand Backup Question
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 14:54:09 -0000
The magic command to look at is "save"

flags to consider :
-s <server> : to force save to a specific backup server
-c <client> : client to register backup to. useful in cluster
        when backup has to be sent using cluster alias
-b <pool>   : pool to send backup to
-l <level>  : full by default, can also use 1-9 or incr for
        incrementals.
        Take care for incr and diif, you have to use -t time
        to rely to
-w <policy> and -y <policy> : respectively browse and retention
        policies. Can be a date or "2 months" for sample.
-q or -v : for quite or  verbosed output
-N <symbolic name> : name of the backup (generally equals
        volume/filesystem you want to backup

sample
save -s server -c client -b "lto pool" -l fill -q -w month
        -y month -N "MY_BACKUP" /home

save -s server -c client -b "lto pool" -l fill -q -w month
        -y month -N /home /home

Look at save mam page for more details.

HTH

TH

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********   HEWLETT - PACKARD
 *******    h      *******   1 Rue de l'aeronef/Luchtschipstraat
 ******    h        ******   1140 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****
 *****   h  h  p  p  *****   100/102 Blv de la Woluwe/Woluwedal
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****   1200 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 ******      p      ******   BELGIUM
 *********       *********   Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
                             Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
                             Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 729.88.30
     I  N  V  E  N  T        Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com
                             Internet  : http://www.hp.com/
Enterprise number 0402.220.594 - RPM/RPR Brussels