Networker

Re: [Networker] Performance tuning

2007-06-06 17:43:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Performance tuning
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 00:43:57 +0300
webby850 wrote:
Hi-

I have networker 7.1.1 ( I know, old version, am upgrading soon) on a Sun 280R
with Solaris 9.  It has an ADIC library fiber attached with 4 lto2 drives.  I
am seeing about 4MB/s performance on each drive and think this is really slow.
Any tuning I can do either at the OS level or within networker?

I had a similar configuration (Networker 7.2.2, 280R, Solaris 9, ADIC Scalar 1000 4 LTO2 drives, connected via LVD). I could run at 30Mb/s, but my parallelism is set to 28 and per drive target sessions is 30. This way, I can make sure that the backup to a single pool will not use all four drives and that each drive will stream.

Thank you in advance!!